Sunday, January 04, 2009

TOO MANY MOVIES TOO LITTLE TIME

What's a movie lover to do during the month of December?

I was fortunate to be able to have seen some movies prior to national release because of promotional efforts by the distributors via free screenings. I saw Australia, Bolt, Yes Man, Frost/Nixon--but I didn't have a child between the age of 7-15 years for The Tale of Despereaux screening.

You have to be willing to 'compete for a seat' with other moviegoers looking for a free movie by getting to the theatre at least 1-1/2 hours ahead of time. Little did I know that I needed to be at least 2 hours ahead of time to get into the Defiance screening! Even if I did get into the screening, I would probably end up sitting in the front row... no thank you. So, I exhibited my own defiance by refusing to stand in the looooooong line and went window shopping instead. (The Grove LA mall was beautifully decorated for Christmas and we were also treated to fake snow flake flurries--(sorry to those experiencing snow horror stories).

Still want to see Slumdog Millionaire, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Marley & Me, Doubt, The Wrestler, Gran Torino--oh I could name a dozen more.

No comments: