Thursday, January 08, 2009

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE FOR PRESIDENT AND ENTERTAINMENT...

Nice to see the 5 living US presidents gathering together and putting aside any egos or personal agendas.

They all looked to be in great spirits. Oh, to be a fly on the wall during that closed door luncheon!

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Obama-meets-four-US-presidents/ss/events/pl/010709obamalunch#photoViewer=/090108/photos_ts/2009_01_07t124258_450x286_us_usa_politics_presidents
(Reuters photos as seen on Yahoo)

The People's Choice Awards were aired tonight; I chose not to watch the show. Instead I checked online to tally up the winners. Each year I shake my head at some of the nominees and eventual winners and this year was no exception. Some of the usual suspects won--Will Smith, The Simpsons, Carrie Underwood, etc.
But then you come across some categories and you say: WTH?
Favorite comedy movie: 27 Dresses!? Really? -- I'm still scratching my head over that one! Crikey -- there were a slew of movies funnier than that one -- no offense to the men and women who worked to bring it to the screen.
Favorite movie drama: Secret Life of Bees Hmmm ... so why did the movie not generate more buzz at the boxoffice? Interesting that Queen Latifah hosted tonite's program ...

There were a lot of competing TV shows tonite and the cable DVR box was working overtime. I recorded the PBS airing of Broadway's Cyrano de Bergerac with Kevin Kline and Jennifer Garner (congrats on the new baby daughter!), the newest installment of Top Chef: New York, Damages -- so I haven't had a chance to see all of the shows yet.

I guess better time management should be one of my new year's resolutions.

No comments: