Tuesday, July 22, 2008

You Snooze You Lose -- Depriving oneself of sleep is never a good thing. You wake up groggy and drag yourself through your morning ritual like a sloth. And the results from scientific studies keep pouring in about how lack of sleep can lead to health problems. But, do I listen? Noooooo, I keep trying to pack in as much as I can throughout the day just to be on top of things. No one can do everything they want to do; they'd have to be a superhero to do that. Speaking of which... I didn't go to see The Dark Knight over the weekend. Fighting the crowds isn't my idea of a fun time. Although, going to the ArcLight where you can buy your tix online and pick the seat you want conquers that problem. You pay a bit more for the perks but I still didn't want to feel claustrophobic with the hordes of people that were clamoring for a look at the film.
Sunday -- day of rest, re-energize and recharge... and to salute golfer Greg Norman who finished tied for 3rd at the British Open. He's 53, that's 3 decades and 3 years older than Chris Wood who finished tied for 5th. Score one for the 'elder statesman.'
Aarrgh... I just realized that I missed watching Act 3 of the Dr. Horrible Sing-Along Blog (made available on July 19) and now it's not online for free! Phooooooey! I can still get it via iTunes for $3.95 but ... drat! So I snoozed and lost my chance to see it for free. It's 1:45 am right now ... I think I should go to sleep, perchance to dream.


Maybe in my REM state, I'll have finished all my work, done all my reading, watched all the movies, shows, DVDs--done all my writing.... yeah right-- IN MY DREAMS! zzzzz-

No comments: