Saturday, July 26, 2008


Getting out the 'Vote' via blimp -- Thursday July 24th was the day of the Hollywood premiere of Swing Vote -- the new Kevin Costner flick about what would happen if a presidential election came down to one person's vote. A big red carpet shindig took place at the El Capitan Theatre that evening but earlier in the day, a noise in the sky got my attention. It was the Outback Steakhouse's Bloomin' Onion (that's truly the name!) blimp with a big ole ad for Swing Vote on its side. Hmmm... the use of a medium that is propelled by 'light gas' is amusing to me. Even though there are some of my favorite actors galore in this movie (Dennis Hopper, Nathan Lane, Stanley Tucci, Judge Reinhold, Kelsey Grammer, Mare Winningham, etc.) honestly, I don't know if I wanna plunk down $11 to see a fictional yet probably funny film in the theatre when I am watching history in the making--the real deal--right now for free.

No comments: