Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Movie distributors are torturing me. Who has the money, not to mention the time, to see all the summer movies? Luckily, I was invited to a pre-release screening of KABLUEY. Hmmm...what the heck is that, you may ask? A cutesy way of describing something blowing up? Well, in the vernacular of the 'kids' today: (slang: to get big or popular really quickly)--KABLUEY should definitely 'blow up'!

The cast was excellent—each and every one. I didn’t know much about the film beforehand so I was happily surprised to see some of my favorite actors Lisa Kudrow, Christine Taylor, Conchata Ferrell, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Chris Parnell, and most welcome Teri Garr! But ultimate kudos to writer, director and star: Scott Prendergast. Not only was his script hilarious and poignant, his direction was assured and did not get in the way of the telling of this all-too true story of America today. I don't want to give anything away about the plot or what/who Kabluey is -- but I love Kabluey! I want a Kabluey plushie to hug when I'm blue. KABLUEY opens in LA July 11th and will be released to more cities throughout the summer. You deserve a laugh -- go see KABLUEY when it arrives in your town!

No comments: